WBEA's Emerging Entrepreneurial Leaders Program
powered by Comerica Bank
It is difficult to find time for self-development let alone business development on top of all the responsibilities that come along with owning or running a business. Much like your desired self-improvement plan, your business needs a strategic plan that aligns with your business vision and objectives. Put a spark in your entrepreneurial journey with Emerging Entrepreneurial Leaders!
WBEA’s Emerging Entrepreneurial Leaders is a networking and development program designed for women entrepreneurs aged 21-35 years of age. It will provide an opportunity to evaluate your current business model, elevate your business to a path of growth and scalability, and strengthen your strategic thinking and management skills to enhance the performance of your business. Participants will engage in facilitated dialogue in a supportive space fostered by genuine connections.
This program is designed for women entrepreneurs and small business owners seeking to scale their business, learn how to be a capable supplier of goods or services, and expand their networks. It seeks to develop the next generation of business leaders and community leaders who want to invest in and further develop the local economy.
Attendees will receive guidance from industry experts in addition to the curriculum developed from the Kauffman FastTrac program. Through this program, you will build a roadmap that clearly establishes desired outcomes and evaluation tools to measure success. EEL will prepare your business to be competitive, capable, and establish the capacity to be a supplier. Learn how to stand out in the community. Don’t miss this opportunity to be empowered as an entrepreneur and get connected in the local business economy.
- This program is open only to women business owners between 21-35 years of age
- Business must be registered with the State of Texas as an LLC, PLLC, or Corp OR with your local county as a DBA or Sole Proprietorship
- Business must qualify for WBENC WBE certification. (Learn about critera here)
Format: Live, virtual classes. Attendees will be required to utilize a web camera to participate in the program. (Computer and internet access required)
This program is presented in partnership with Comerica Bank and ConocoPhillips. As a result, accepted participants are granted a scholarship to attend the program.
Register now to:
- Develop winning business plans
- Learn how to interpret customer needs and quantify the unique value proposition
- Build your business network
- Understand how to create effective marketing and social media content and
- Acquire knowledge about cash flow management amongst other things
- Learn what procurement is and the process.
- Gain an understanding of certifications for women-owned businesses
- Meet other developing women business owners
- Receive one-on-one business coaching
Week 0 | | Orientation
Week 1 | | Sizing Up Your Business, Exploring Growth Opportunities
Week 2 | | Making Strategic Decisions/ Strengthening the Product/Service
Week 3 | | Brand and Marketing Development/ Marketing & Promotion in the Digital Age
Week 4 | | Leading the Organization
Week 5 | |Financial Performance |
Week 6 | | Certification & Procurement | Conversations with Comerica Bank
Week 7 | | Pitch Presentations & Graduation