- · Leading site in providing education and career resources for current and prospective MBA students.
- · Learn the habits of successful entreprenuers
- · Solidify your idea and create a business plan
- · Gain exposure and funding
- · Get a legal and licensed start
City of Houston
· City contracts
o Divisions – Affirmative Action & Contract Appliance
· For more information call 713-837-9000
HMSDC (Houston Minority Supplier Development Council)
· Certification is very similar to that of the WBEA except it is based on ethnicity.
· Training is every second Wednesday of every other month at the UHSBDC from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
· For more information contact Constance Jones at
State of Texas HUB (Historical Underutilized Business)
· Doing business with state entities such as MD Anderson, Texas A&M, Prairie View A&M, UTMB
· We automatically take care of the paperwork for you! Should receive your HUB certification approximately 45 days after receiving your WBEA certification.
· You must be a U.S. citizen and have legal residency in the state of Texas.
SBA (Small Business Administration)
· Valerie Coleman conducts training every other month on a Wednesday at UHSBDC.
· Certifications include SDB (Small Disadvantaged Business) and SBA 8(a)
· Businesses located in hub zones and 30% of employees live in that hub zone or another hub zone.
· Lower income, high unemployment rate
· Seeking business opportunities with metro. They also offer great educational programs and networking events free of charge.
· For more information call 713-739-4844
Port of Houston
· Must be certified with WBEA, HMBC or City of Houston to go through their program.
· For more information contact the Port of Houston at
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) has replaced the U.S. Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system. NAICS will reshape the way we view our changing economy.
**When doing a keyword search it works best with one word**