HOUSTON (June 1, 2023) – The Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA) announced the speaker lineup for its upcoming Women’s Business Leadership Conference, which will take place June 7 at Texas Women’s University and June 8 at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel in Houston. This year’s conference, which is themed “Legendary,” will feature a dynamic roster of speakers and panelists who will share unique insights on a range of corporate topics for women business owners.
The Legendary Conference helps to fund certification support, educational programs, and scholarships to more than 800 women business enterprises and 40,000 employees. WBEA is providing a platform for business support, brand extension and supplier development. The annual business conference links women-owned businesses with corporate purchasers, governmental agencies, and other connections to increase opportunity, create connections, and build strong business relationships.
Attendees will experience a range of informative workshops and engaging panel discussions to learn practical methods for success. Session highlights and industry-leading speakers include:
- Legendary Ladies of Supplier Diversity & Procurement Panel: Danielle Davis, J.P. Morgan Chase; LaToyia Brooks Harris, Amazon; Camille Alfaro, Centerpoint Energy; Breana Chan, J.P. MorganChase
- Tackling the Hard Questions Impacting Diverse Business Development Success: Jewel Smith, Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance
- Adding Infrastructure and Processes for Sustainable Growth: Kym Adams, The Business Team
- The Real Effects of Artificial Intelligence: How AI Impacts the Way of Business: Tanaz Choudhury, Tanches Global Management, Inc.; Kiana Caleb, Americas; Robyn Fuentes, Improving; TenishiaBloodsaw, Empower Your Empire, LLC; Lauren Jefferson, FocusCopy; Dr. Heather Carson
- It’s Time to Take Control of Your Financial Future: 5 Things Every Woman Business Owner ShouldKnow: Janine J. Moore, HUB Retirement & Wealth Management
- Growing and Scaling Your Small Business Panel: Allison McFarlane, Capital One; John Whaley, EEHour LLC; Amanda Desanges, AB Bernstein; Toni Glaze, Tony by Toni
- Shell – Powering Progress: How We Do Business Together: Jennifer Haik, Shell; Toni Carlton, Shell
- Love as a Business Strategy: Mohammad Anwar, Softway & Culture+; Chris Pitre, Softway & Culture+; Jeffery Ma, Softway & Culture+; Frank Danna, Softway & Culture+
- Leading Lady: Authentic Leadership as a Woman in Male-Dominated Spaces: Emem Washington, Lead Speak & Impact
- Women in Finance: Allyson May, Amegy Bank; Jessica Seff, Statesman Business Advisors, LLC; April Dardis, Founder and President of Creative Style Furniture; Cindi Andress, Pastorini-Bosby Talent Agency; Jentri Smith, Amegy Bank; Taylor Miller, Amegy Bank
Featuring a variety of events, the conference will also include one-to-one meet-the-buyers opportunities, pitch competition, corporate meet and greet sessions, industry leader workshop sessions, and roundtables. Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with corporations, small business owners, government entities, and prime suppliers at a business fair and women-owned marketplace.
Held during the conference, the WBEA Legendary Awards Luncheon will highlight and showcase top women-owned companies, major corporations, and leaders that have been instrumental in creating positive change.
“We’re thrilled to bring together some of the most knowledgeable and inspiring leaders in business for this year’s conference,” said Dr. Day, President of WBEA. “Their expertise and insights will be invaluable for anyone looking to grow their business, connect with other women business owners, and make a real impact in their industry. The Legendary Conference is a great way to recharge by offering and hearing inspiring stories from other entrepreneurs and leaders who face similar challenges and were able to overcome them.”
Sponsors include: Chevron, ExxonMobil, BP, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Texas Woman’s University, Toyota, Primary Services, Metro Marketing, METRO, Icon Consultants, CenterPoint Energy, ExCargo, Amegy, The Business Team, The US Space, and The LM Experience.
To learn more and register for the conference, visit the WBEA website at www.wbea-texas.org.
About Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance As an affiliate of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the WBEA serves as a third-party certifying organization for women-owned business enterprises (WBEs) in south Texas. Businesses that are at least 51% owned by a woman and meet specific criteria as outlined by WBENC standards and procedures are eligible for this certification -- a designation that is not only recognized but required by most major corporations and governmental agencies as a purchasing criterion.
With over 750 certified WBEs, representing 9 billion in revenue and over 40,000 jobs created the WBEA organization has grown rapidly since its inception and has become one of the nation's leading certifiers of women-owned businesses by way of its network of corporate sponsors, supplier diversity programs and dedicated WBE’s.
About Women’s Business Enterprise National Council The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to helping women-owned businesses thrive. A 501(c)(3) non-profit, WBENC partners with 14 Regional Partner Organizations to
provide its world-class standard of certification to women-owned businesses throughout the country and offers programming and resources to help women-owned businesses thrive.